[Sca-cooks] Professional books was Yippee!!!!

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Oct 1 15:10:24 PDT 2006

Thomson Delmar has a series out too. About Professional Baking
is one of their titles.
http://www.hospitality-tourism.delmar.com/culinary/?sIndex=cul
Another big publisher is John Wiley & Sons
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-2958.html
What you might do is
shop textbook stores near colleges and universities that
have catering or food service programs and browse the books.
That way you can see them before shelling out lots of hard cash.
I used to buy all my used culinary textbooks that way.
Prices are up high because a lot of these titles now carry software
discs too
and textbooks in general are high. Those nice pictures run the prices up
too.
I noticed that Wiley is charging $130 for some of theirs.
(And it's not going to the authors either.)
Large Borders and B&N also carry some of these too.
I ended up getting copies of the old edition of Friberg's huge pastry
text because
the new edition was coming out. Borders sold off the old edition for
$10. I bought 3. People got great presents that year.

Johnnae