[Sca-cooks] *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Mon Oct 2 19:55:17 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
<<I suppose I have to ask why even have tomatoes at a demo for newcomers?
Why not just have European foods from
prior to the Voyages of Discovery with a selection of medieval recipes and
cookbooks?

Johnnae>>>

De: Because then you may be giving the newcomers the impression that SCA
ends in 1492(?)
There are plenty of known foods and recipes that can be displayed that is
not New World. But if you have the urge to display NW then you need some
form of explanation of whens, whys, whatfors and where, so there is little
confusion.