[Sca-cooks] Smoked Meats in Northern Europe

Sandragood at aol.com Sandragood at aol.com
Sat Oct 7 12:58:36 PDT 2006

In a message dated 10/7/2006 12:44:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
countgunthar at hotmail.com writes:

As for  pecan, did you know you can just use soaked pecan shells for
smoking and it  comes out wonderful?

Again not having my books in front of me...

There is an Arabic recipe in Medieval Arab Cookery for a smoked  flatbread
that is smoked over burning nut shells.  I can't recall exactly  what nut was
used at the moment.  I also want to say that you placed a drop  of oil in the
shell, I'll have to go back and look.

Liz