[Sca-cooks] new books hurrah - commercial note

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Oct 10 23:04:21 PDT 2006

At 10:57 PM 10/10/2006, you wrote:

><<< Before the Mast: life & death on the Mary Rose - Gardiner
>Stepping Through Time >>>
>
>This one sounds like it could be very interesting from the
>description on Amazon.com. Has anyone read this or have an opinion on
>it? How well does it cover daily life at sea in that time period?
>Unfortunately, the price on Amazon is $100. It is a thick book at 760
>pages but that would make it one of the most expensive books I've
>ever bought. I imagine Devra's price will be the same or higher.

Regina bought a copy, and I have to say, to anyone who is interested in
that time period, it is worth the price. More pics and descriptions of
artifacts than you can shake a stick at. I was really impressed and spent a
lot of ooing time, and that's not my field of interest even.

I don't know how much she paid for it, but I think she got it through David
Brown.

'Lainie