[Sca-cooks] OT: 16th and early 17th C. potpourri-like thingies

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 11 13:28:58 PDT 2006

At 4:18 PM -0400 11/10/06, Johnna Holloway wrote:
>I thought Fettiplace

Mmm, i think i don't have her book, but maybe i do - i got a small
stash of cookery oriented books recently that i haven't looked
through thoroughly... Is this the book where the female redactor has
edited and moved things around - and clearly left some stuff out?

Or are these on-line anywhere? (yeah, yeah, i'll go visit Google :-)

>and Nostradamus had these.

I do have Nostradamus, i'll give him a look.

>Do you have a copy of Rose Recipes from Olden Times. by Eleanour
>Sinclair Rohde?
>It's a Dover paperback.

I've heard of it but don't own a copy, alas.

Thanks for the suggestions.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita