[Sca-cooks] Savory Toasted Cheese was Savories for Banqueting Table?

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 17 13:34:06 PDT 2006

Susan Fox wrote:

>>Beware; many treacherous versions of orthodoxy abounnd!  Experiement, enjoy
>>some of the several versions, and pick the one(s) that meet your taste and
>>observation of the original.  The several versions I've tried, prepared by
>>various cooks, have been quite good, and only one was not worth trying again
>>(personal taste thing).
>>

>The main point of variation seems to be in the choice of cheese.  What
>are everybody's favorites?  Which are your LEAST favorites?  That latter
>may be more illuminating actually.

I've never made this (definitely not a feast staple here), but it sounds
like it would be good with young asagio, havarti, gouda, or some of our
local cheeses... and any number of other rich semi-hard cheeses.

(pet food hate: I _love_ cream cheese, but generally, I _hate_ sauces
made with cream cheese-- something about the texture.)

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?