[Sca-cooks] OT - Somewhat amusing in light of recent healthy foodrants

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Oct 19 09:16:49 PDT 2006

When I was in london last fall, I remember seeing a TV program with Jamie
Oliver on this, and I remember thinking "egads, he is SO Not doing this the
right way". I mean, sure, there's cache in having a world famous chef do
your lunch menu, but its only cache for the parents.

They didn't take kids choices or preferences into the mix at all. Its
totally possible to do hamburgers. You just have to do them smarter. Even
French fries aren't all that horrible, if they're cooked right... and katsup
is a vegetable, right? ;)

I remember the pizza from when I was in school...it was mostly bread with a
tiny bit of sausage and a tiny bit of mozzarella (which is made with skim
milk) and a lot of veggies. Our spaghetti was plain with tomato sauce, and
the meatballs were mostly bread filler, and often were turkey (it was the
70s!).

but that isn't as good PR for Jaime, I think ;) "go back to the 70s! cheaper
is healthier!" just doesn't have the same ring....

--AM