[Sca-cooks] OT - Somewhat amusing in light of recent healthy foodrants

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy4 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 13:06:41 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 8:45 AM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] OT - Somewhat amusing in light of recent healthy
foodrants

> Mrs. Critchlow has become a notorious figure in Britain. In
> September she and another mother — alarmed, they said, because
> their children were going hungry — began selling contraband
> hamburgers, fries and sandwiches to as many as 50 students a day,
> passing the food through the school gates.

Oh, fer...if you are so offended by your children eating healthy food at
school, then send a brown bag lunch with them and let them have their chip
butty, but serving decent food is hardly treating them like criminals! (I'd
be more inclined to give the fresh fruit to the kids, and the chip
butty--shudder---to the criminals!)

When I was in high school we were not allowed to leave the campus during the
day--even though, GASP there was a McDonald's AND a a grocery store across
the street. We actually survived it. It wasn't the end of the world.

Laurensa