[Sca-cooks] OT - Somewhat amusing in light of recent healthyfoodrants

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 19 16:03:02 PDT 2006

My response to parental culinary madness was to learn how to cook so that I
could prepare what I liked.  That led to a stint as a staff cook at a Boy
Scout camp and sustained me through twenty-odd years as a bachelor.

I have to agree with your ES about the veggies.  Too many "cooks" don't know
how to prepare them or hold them.  I have also encountered the infamous
"mystery meat" hidden in gravy or ground into croquettes (as I am sure most
of us have) and amazing cardboard steak (a Sunday staple of the OU
cafeterias).  I think the bad food may be a plot between the Dietician and
the cafeteria staff to save money for next year's raises.  I think I might
have preferred Jamie Oliver's fare to what I actually got.

Bear