[Sca-cooks] 10th C. Cornish?

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Oct 24 05:34:27 PDT 2006

But and this is the reason that I listed them, these books
have bibliographies for those periods and slightly later in the
case of the Roman one. Jacqui Wood's book appears in a couple
of bookstore listings in Cornwall for books on Cornish cookery.
Wood is the founder and director of the Cornwall Celtic Village.
Banham has perhaps the best list of foods and plants for that period
in England, even if this is the Cornish speaking area of the southwest.
There's a single spaced bibliography on pages 87-91.

Johnnae

Terry Decker wrote:
> They are talking Cornwall before the Conquest, which is not very related to
> Anglo-Saxon England.  It's Brythonic Celt with a language and culture closer
> to that of Wales.
> Bear

Other volumes that could be looked at: