[Sca-cooks] Savories for Banqueting Table?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 13 16:11:35 PDT 2006

OK, here's one of the BURNING questions in the previous (long and whiny) post.

I want to make some savories... if i can figure out which ones would
be appropriate...
The Ball is held after dinner, so i don't want anything heavily meaty
or drippy or runny.
On the other hand, given that there's no feast, there may be some
people who haven't eaten enough during the day.

I'm thinking of making that old warhorse, Tarte de Brie - if made in
a rectangular pan and cut in tiny squares it won't be so filling...

I often make any of the many cheese and greens/herbs tarts for feasts
and day boards, and i can make some of them, too, for the Rose
Ball... ubt was hoping to find something different for the side
board...

I just thought of meat balls with sauce (from the Andalusian
cookbook), but other suggestions, please?

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita