[Sca-cooks] bulgur recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 21 00:35:01 PDT 2006

Petru asked about bulgur:
<<< Problem is, I don't have the faintest idea what to do with it. I
probably
have a few recipes in cookbooks here and there, but I haven't managed
to get up and actually cook one. Any suggestions? >>>

While they are going to have a medieval bent, you might try going to
the Florilegium and typing "bulgur" into the search engine there.

frumenty is one of the items which comes up.

The duck-goose-msg file has a recipe using bulgur as part of a stuffing.

 From the breakfast-msg file:
<<< Here is a breakfast dish that goes over quite well.  I have been
told that
it is a roman dish,  I am unsure of the source as it was given to me
by a
friend.

Savillum

Recipe By:      from Fjorleith
Serving Size:   10

Amount  Measure Ingredient
15      ounces  Ricotta cheese
2               eggs
1       cup     Bulgur
1       cup     honey
                 poppy seeds

Mix all and bake in a covered oiled pan at 350-375 for 45min.
uncover and
glaze with honey and poppy seeds.  Serve Chilled (Breakfast)

         -----
Per serving: 238 Calories; 7g Fat (24% calories from fat); 8g
Protein; 40g
Carbohydrate; 58mg Cholesterol; 50mg Sodium  >>>

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com