[Sca-cooks] question about mushrooms

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 04:16:40 PDT 2006

Are mushrooms able to be frozen?  Can you freeze them raw or must they be cooked?  If they must be cooked, best way to cook them to retain most of the flavor?  Best way to freeze them?
  The reason I ask.  I have a friend of mine that her neighbor brings a lot of the produce home from various places ( I think she works for a local grocery chain or something) many, many times there are varieties of mushrooms.  I was thinking if there is a way to freeze these, they would be great to do as like a stuffed mushroom cap kind of dish.

  Alexa
  Barony of Marinus