[Sca-cooks] un-bitter beer

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 09:31:21 PDT 2006

Master Henry Best, formerly of the West Kingdom and
now lives down by Scottsdale Arizona, would do the
same kind of tasting.  He would purchase the beer from
a source close to the event site so people could just
stop in on their way home and pick up the beer that
they liked.

I found an Oregonian beer last month that I really
enjoy, I have a problem with too much bitterness as
well and primarily drink wine.  It's Rogue Ale's
Hazelnut Brown Nectar.  I haven't been able to find
any of it near to home, but coincidentally enough
Countess Kira happened to be in Oregon yesterday and
picked me up two large bottles.  I'm debating keeping
it to myself or being generous and sharing at the
music weekend in Sacramento tomorrow.  Difficult
decisions...

;)
Eibhlin

--- sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org wrote:

I really regret missing the beer class at Pennsic
where the teacher
went into all the different types of beer and passed
around samples
of a dozen or so different types. I find almost all
beers I've had to
be too bitter and I might have found some I liked.  Oh
well. Maybe I
can find a mundane class at UT or Central Market
sometime.

Stefan
--------
THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: