[Sca-cooks] Honey-Roasted Beets

Tom Vincent Tom.Vincent at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 09:35:39 PDT 2006

There were no presumptions to begin with, so no assumptions should be
made.

I simply found what I thought to be a nice beet recipe suitable for a
feast and, like other posts I've made, it was met with accusations,
insults, undermining, usurpation, self-promotion and, of course, no
thanks.  I didn't make any claims about it, just presented it to be
helpful and sharing. May I suggest that if you don't care for it, simply
do what I did with the recent dozens and dozens of frivolous marshmallow
posts and delete them. Speaking only for myself, if I wanted to present
a Med/Renn recipe and my redaction for it, that's exactly what I would
have done.

I'm not interested in arguing with you or anyone else. I just disagree
with your claims and conclusions.  Please don't, as others have done,
take one word or phrase out of context and bitch about it or blow it out
of proportion.

Duriel

> On Sep 4, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Tom Vincent wrote:
>

>> Oh, of course...toot away.  You're welcome!
>>
>> Duriel
>>

> I don't think this is a case of tooting. If it had been cabbage or
> turnips, maybe...
>
> But in this case your premise seems to have been that there are all
> these unsuitable-for-feasts beet recipes from period, so instead
> you're posting this lovely modern beet recipe. And it's a fine
> recipe, but what's not clear is how it is an improvement over the
> unspecified shortcomings of period beet recipes. You have, in short,
> posted not just a nice recipe, but a comparison and something of a
> challenge, so it's no surprise that some people rose to it.
>
> I posted a few ideas on the existence of several [good] period beet
> recipes, from memory, and Johnna mentioned her own personal knowledge
> of a file in the Florilegium (an archive maintained by someone else,
> mind you) on the subject, which she knows is there because she's seen
> it, and wrote much of it. This is not tooting, it is a very basic
> form of documentation, and there's nothing at all wrong with it.
>
> Adamantius

Tom Vincent