[Sca-cooks] Middle of the thread RE: Honey-Roasted Beets

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 5 06:13:51 PDT 2006

----Original Message-----
On Sep 4, 2006, at 10:41 PM, Tom Vincent wrote:

> As I said, I'm not interested in arguing with you nor am I
> interested in
> having people write lies about me, so I will simply state my position.
> <<<SNIP>>

And as I said, at least twice now, there's nothing at all wrong with
the recipe, and I don't recall suggesting there was. Implying, or
creating a situation where it could be inferred, that the recipe was
somehow more appropriate for feasts than some of the period recipes,
was perhaps not the best move.  -Adamantius>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's why I gotta check in on the threads that don't interest me . . . . I
miss out on some of the feel and atmosphere of the list.  I had no idea that
there was an intensity happening in the thread until I just popped in to see
if anyone was discussing roots as animal fodder versus nobility food, or
debating use of roots versus greens/tops in recipe texts.

No Tacuinum Sanitatis here, just some more good, old fashinoed getting to
know each other's base paradigms.  It's always an exciting grab bag when you
pop intio Gunthar's Living Room in the middle of a conversation . . . always
has been, and always will be, I suspect  :o)  Keeps it challenging and new.

niccolo difrancesco