[Sca-cooks] FW: Scotch Ostrich Egg

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 5 22:13:36 PDT 2006

Selene wrote:
We've tried Scotch Egg variants. The Scotch Quail Egg was lovely and
elegant if a bit labor intensive for such a wee bite. The Scotch Salmon
Egg was not at all nice and I do not recommend the experiment.

Bleagh!! The salmon egg sounds horrid (shudder). But the quail egg sounds
rather good. I had my first taste of boiled quail eggs at our Russian
feast. They were creamy in the middle which was very surprising.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.