[Sca-cooks] Bali dancers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 6 21:16:07 PDT 2006

Urtatim mentioned:
<<< Here are some photos of Balinese ducks - although these can't convey
their particular walk that reminds me to a great extent of one of the
basic movements of female Balinese dancers. And don't misunderstand
me, Balinese dance is difficult, strenuous, and very beautiful, not
laughable. >>>

For a number of years I had a grandmother in a nursing home. They
often had holiday dinners for the residents and the relatives would
be invited to come and celebrate and eat dinner with the residents.

They often had some kind of outside group come in and provide
entertainment during these dinners.

One holiday they announced that the entertainment would be provided
by a group of Bali dancers. Well, there was apparently some mis-
communication along the line somewhere and the group that showed up
was a group of female belly-dancers, wearing more cabaret  style
outfits than traditional ones. The nursing staff, and the
entertainment director who was a very nice Vietnamese lady, were a
bit embarrassed, but the residents and relatives seemed to enjoy it,
especially the men.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas