[Sca-cooks] period marshmallow references?

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Wed Sep 6 23:20:51 PDT 2006

I think one of my herbal books has a recipe for marshmallow losenges.  I'll
have to get it out and look.  This herbal encyclopedia has a lot of
historical herbal recipes, including the Thieves of Marsailles vinegar that
they used to avoid becoming infected by the plague.  Considering it had a
LOT of garlic in it, I suspect that was why they weren't infected lol.

Elizabeta