[Sca-cooks] Speaking of beets...AND Russian Cuisine

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 7 06:29:54 PDT 2006

I didn't say MEDIEVAL Russian cuisine Mairi. The Russians don't use beet
roots for filling anything, just in soups or as pickles. I was
contemplating precendence for using beet roots instead of beet greens in
Lombardy tarts, and couldn't come up with anything, which is where my
questions came from. I know how much you love Lombardy tarts and beets in
general. Can you think of anything? (I can't think of Lombardy tarts
without thinking of you anyway, so I'm glad you chimed in).

 ~Aislinn~

> > Pray tell us where you have found a source for studying Russian
Cuisine???