[Sca-cooks] Speaking of beets...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Sep 7 07:48:47 PDT 2006

At 06:40 AM 9/7/2006, you wrote:

>that is a new one.  Generally, while in the shower I contemplate the origin
>of the universe, the fate of the species, and the grocery list, though this
>morning I must confess that the thought topic strayed to whether or not the
>son that is eleven years old TODAY is too young for the weight set he wants
>for his birthday.

Malkin, that answer is no- not until he's in his mid to late teens.
Apparently weight training is bad for the growth plates on his bones-
unlike drinking coffee too young (as my Gramma told me), it'll damage the
bones and stunt his growth.

Buy him off with something electronic, or a skateboard or something. Be
creative- my son's last birthday (he's 20) I got him a copy of _Joy of
Cooking_- he's been thinking about culinary school, and at any rate, is
trying to expand beyond the bachelor fare that he and his dad eat...;-)

'Lainie