[Sca-cooks] Pie Shapers: Was Speaking of Beets

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 8 04:51:53 PDT 2006

The web sites that I gave in the posting on coffins
also show several illustrations from Robert May
and several raised pies--

See also the marvelous cutwork custard pies at
http://www.historicfood.com/Setcustards.htm

As regards coffyns-- Ivan Day has pictures of raised pies
along with a description of various recipes.
http://www.historicfood.com/Pie%20recipe.htm
http://www.historicfood.com/Pie%20recipe2.htm

Johnnae