[Sca-cooks] Pie Shapers: Was Speaking of Beets

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Sep 8 13:38:32 PDT 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 4:16 PM, otsisto wrote:

> Please elaborate for the clueless novice. :)
>
> De/Lyse

Delis as in delicatessens...

For some reason I am reminded of an occasion when I felt compelled,
for reasons I cannot explain, to spend much of a work day speaking in
a very bad approximation of an east Indian accent while working a
carving station (yes, I am a terrible person, deeply and truly). My
innocent victims would say something like, "You do that so nicely,"
and I'd say something like, "Yes, thank you, I come from an ancient
family of roast beef slicers. My mother's family is from Cow-Cutta...
[pause] ...my father inherited the family charcuterie business. He
was from Deli..."

Sometimes this stuff just happens and you wonder what evil spirits
must have possessed you that day. Probably a good thing most of my
clientele tended to have had a couple of martinis before encountering
me.

Adamantius