[Sca-cooks] Pie Shapers: Was Speaking of Beets

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 9 06:58:52 PDT 2006

> > And here I was thinking, "Delis... mmmmm... sopressata... pickled
> > herring... slobbergargle..."
> >
> > Adamantius
>
> Delis as in delicatessens...
>
> For some reason I am reminded of an occasion when I felt
> compelled, for reasons I cannot explain, to spend much of a
> work day speaking in a very bad approximation of an east
> Indian accent while working a carving station (yes, I am a
> terrible person, deeply and truly). My innocent victims would
> say something like, "You do that so nicely,"
> and I'd say something like, "Yes, thank you, I come from an
> ancient family of roast beef slicers. My mother's family is
> from Cow-Cutta...
> [pause] ...my father inherited the family charcuterie
> business. He was from Deli..."
>
> Sometimes this stuff just happens and you wonder what evil
> spirits must have possessed you that day. Probably a good
> thing most of my clientele tended to have had a couple of
> martinis before encountering me.
>
> Adamantius

And, so, does the venerable master *really* wonder where his "evil
spawn" acquires his more bizarre inspirations?

<VBEG>

Adamantius, my keyboard is thanking my timing in reading this -- the
diet cola had been exhausted five minutes before reading "Cow-Cutta", or
there would have been a definite <SPLORF!> incident.

(To be fair, I have done something at least similar when speaking /
writing as "Amra Tarp-Mender" and faced with a somewhat gullible or
presumably inexperienced audience...)

Amra
Kitchen Idiot

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |