[Sca-cooks] 9/11 SCA cooks

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 11 13:00:28 PDT 2006

tom.vincent at yahoo.com wrote:
> Were there any SCA cooks lost on 9/11?  Or other notable SCAdians lost?
>
> Duriel
We got off amazingly lightly.  As I understood:  Sir Kamal Mishwa Khan,
a longtime noted cook in Calafia and recently transferred to Atlantia,
was across the river for a meeting when his Pentagon office was
destroyed. He was our "God Bless" that day!  One occasional Pennsic
attendee in the WTC, someone I did not know so I cannot give you his
name.  No known SCAdians actually on the planes.

But alas for the early morning staff at Windows On The World and alas
for the amazing collection in their wine cellar.  If you must say a
cooks' prayer, say it for them.

Selene