[Sca-cooks] 9/11 SCA cooks

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Sep 11 16:00:07 PDT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 5:55 PM, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> we call that the "natural fiber test!" in the circle of geeks I
> hang out with ;)
>
> --AM, who presumes the viceroy was ok, or else folks wouldnt be
> giggling so much? ;)

Yes, he's fine, apart from a silver-dollar-sized hole in some of his
garb. What actually happened was this (from another account):

> the new Viceroy, Alexandre, was making a passionate plea for people
> to help clean the kitchen since there had had to be some
> reallocation of human resources. He's trying to stress the need for
> help, and I spot something odd about his back. I walk out of the
> kitchen doorway and start pulling on his sleeve. He's like, "C'Mon,
> I'm talking here." "Excellency..." "I mean it, can we talk later,
> I'm tryin' a get you folks a cleanup crew!" "Excellency, you're on
> fire." "My lords and ladies..." "HEY!!! Your Excellency!!! You're
> burning! Your chaplet...thingy...wotzit is on fire!!!"
>
> It was. They were all seated in front of a high fireplace and
> mantel, and there were little candles in low glasses lit on the
> mantelpiece. He had, in fact, risen to speak, stepped too close to
> the candles and set his garb on fire (he's quite tall), which
> burned with a small, slow, steady, clear blue flame. Looked like
> Sterno ;-)
>
> So,  a surreal time was had by all, we all sang the Talking Heads'
> "Burning Down the Viceroy!" in the kitchen.

Three-hun-dred-six-ty-five-de-grees! Burnin' down the Viceroy!

This was Brekke's feast, and a very good one; I just happened to be
standing very close when the Elevation Conflagration, or the
Investiture Immolation, occurred.

There were other assorted Portents, Omens and Signs at this event,
including a very sudden and violent thunderstorm during Royal Court,
and the Investiture ceremony itself being visited by a blue heron,
who flew over and essentially strafed the participants.

Adamantius