[Sca-cooks] Upcoming Elevation

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Sep 13 09:42:21 PDT 2006

At 09:09 PM 9/12/2006, you wrote:
>I think it is becoming clear that in many Kingdoms Period Cooking is being
>looked on with approbation and delight.  Feasts are being advertised with
>medieval foods and even whole courses put down with no more surprise than
>"Meat and Potatoes" used to be.  I think that Papa Gunthar should be
>congratulated and sincerely thanked.  I don't see how this would have come
>about if he hadn't offered the raving maniacs, er...  Talented Cooks and
>redactors on this list a place to exchange knowledge and experiences!
>
>So as well as Congratulations 'Lanie and Serena we should thank Papa!

Hear hear! I quite agree! And not only have I learned a metric buttload
here in Papa's living room, but I have also met some of the best friends
that anyone could wish for! Hurrah for Papa!

>Regina Romsey, remembering that it was a period feast if it didn't contain
>tomatoes or potatoes :-)

Yeah yeah, but you were around before we had fire, and one cooked by
tucking pieces of meat under one's armpits... ;-)

'Lainie