[Sca-cooks] Cook's Prayer, was RE: 9/11 SCA cooks

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed Sep 13 11:17:13 PDT 2006

>Thank you! And by the way, science-fiction and phantasy books refer
>seldom to food but in Eddings, Zelazny and other similar, the
>characters and the societies seems to me frozen in a Middle Age diet,
>wild boars, eelk, reindeer, mead, honey and beer.

I think the one specific food reference in my (arguably fantasy,
although without magic) novel is to oat cakes, based on Froissart's
comment about Scottish troopers. I've made them, using a conjectural
reconstruction, and they seem like a plausible travel food.
--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com