[Sca-cooks] foods in fantasy novels

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 13 11:57:36 PDT 2006

> > I particularly like the bit in the first Kerowyn book where she's
> > coordinating her brother's wedding feast, and the bread sculptures of deer
> > subtlety comes back hacked to bits. ;-)

I keep wanting to write a response to that bit, in which the weapons in
the kitchen and the very strong kitchen staff are used to best
advantage, and the young woman in question doesn't go haring off to be a
swordswoman but gets employment as someone's steward-- because she LIKES
doing that sort of thing, you see.

Oh, and which of the recent "Circle Opens" books by Tamora Pierce had
the cooking mages in it, does anyone remember?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net