[Sca-cooks] Fantasy foods was Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 5, Issue 43

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 13 12:56:10 PDT 2006

Cat . wrote:
> Most respected Papa Gunthar and all,
>
> I seem to be getting digests in odd orders, and the
> archive didnt seem to have this thread at all, so this
> may have been addressed already.
>
> I just re-read almost the entire Dragonrider series
> (long bus commutes) and can correct some of that
> missconception.
>
> In addition to bread, fruit, cheese and sausages I
> clearly remember bubbly pies, cookies, all sorts of
> sticky sweet confections, roasted meats (Wherries and
> Herdbeasts,) Fish, and fish balls (dumplings?) at
> least in sea areas, and TUBERS (am assuming they are
> potatoes.) I think she mentions other greens as well,
> but am not in a place to hunt down the references.
> Porridge (with too much sweetner in one particular
> riders case) seems to be the breakfast of choice when
> not on the run, then grabbing a meat roll was the only
> option ;-)
> and we cant forget the ubiquitus Klah (coffee/cocoa
> beverage,) Wine, and juices.
>
> So she did have a little more than just 4 items, even
> if it is not a truly well rounded diet.
>
> In Service
> Gwen Cat
> 12 books down, and need to hunt up at least 5 more.

Funny thing...I've been re-reading them as well...for the umpteenth
time!  They never seem to grow old somehow.  I have the same addiction
to the Deryni novels.  And I have a feeling that I'm going to re-read
the Eric Flint/plus others including Mercedes Lackey 1632-3-4 novels.
Great stuff.

Kiri

--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

                        -- Audrey Hepburn