[Sca-cooks] Bourbelier of Wild Pig

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Sep 16 20:17:34 PDT 2006

Thanks for the copies of the original y'all sent me ;-)

We tried the recipe tonight, and it was quite good. Couldn't find my
Medieval spices, and we were out of verjuice, so I added extra pepper,
and subbed apple cider and lemon juice for the verjuice. Did drop it
in boiling water as recommended- left it in long enough for it to come
back to a boil and removed it. As it was, the roast was a wonderful
crispy brown on the outside, with absolutely delectable and tender
meat on the inside. Having tried it this way, Margali has promised me
some verjuice next time she gets over to the ME store we get it at,
and by then I'll have found my spices, and we'll try it again.

Side dish, btw, was something M calls "Heaven and Earth", which is red
cabbage cooked to just tender with apples.

Good munchies ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....