[Sca-cooks] Himmel und Erde (was Re: Bourbelier of Wild Pig)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Sep 17 04:28:39 PDT 2006

On 9/17/06, ranvaig at columbus.rr.com <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> >Side dish, btw, was something M calls "Heaven and Earth", which is red
> >cabbage cooked to just tender with apples.
> >
> Red cabbage and apples is great, but I thought Himmel und Erde
> (Heaven and Earth) was Potatoes and Apples.  Potatoes being earth
> apples, so tree apples would be the heaven apples.
> http://www.germanfoods.org/consumer/AppleRecipesandProducts.cfm#HimmelundErde

I don't know- sounds reasonable to me ;-) I'd never heard of it
before. Might just be one of those things like "John
Marzetti/goulash", or "Shepherd's Pie/Hamburger Pie" where the
ingredients vary according to the Cook's perception of a kewl name ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....