[Sca-cooks] Chorizo and Mario Battali (Re: Chorizo)

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 18 09:48:26 PDT 2006

I had missed the previous chorizo commentary, but I just wanted to add in that this weekend I had another chorizo dish. There's a Spanish caterer in Newtown, Pa., called Nathali's; they operate a take-out restaurant in the Newtown Farmer's market on Thursday, Fridays, and Saturdays. This weekend they were operating a stand at a small local Renaissance faire.

The stuff I had was called, simply, "chorizo and bread." The chorizo was the dried "pepperoni" type again, rather than the "fresh" chorizo. It was sliced, browned, and cubes of toasted bread (like sices of a miniature baguette) mixed with it. For a saltaholic like myself who had sweat profusely after some very intense bellydance sets, it tasted really good. ;-)

And I was surprised to hear that Mario worked at Stuff Yer Face! In '81 or '82, visiting a friend who was at Rutgers, I ate there more than once. They had some good 'bolis.

Gianotta