[Sca-cooks] OT Travel Times was Re: Candlemas Feast

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 19 06:14:48 PDT 2006

Namron (Norman, OK) and Wiesenfeuer (OKC, OK)  had to explain the travel
time problem to a Steppes (Dallas) based Crown who wanted to know why we
weren't a single group.  They didn't grasp the idea that Oklahoma City was
larger than Dallas in land area (at the time OKC was the largest single city
in the world with 625 square miles inside the city limits) and didn't have
the freeway system that Dallas has.  At the time, it took me 45 minutes to
commute from the center of Norman to the center of Oklahoma City.  From far
Northwest OKC to the meeting in Norman took almost 90 minutes.

Bear