[Sca-cooks] PPC 81

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 20 13:16:40 PDT 2006

Couple of notes on these books--

Elise Fleming wrote:
> snipped There are lots of book reviews this time with a number that might be of
> interest to us.
> 5. "I Ricettari de Federico II" by Anna Martelloti, published by Leo S.
> Olschki, 2006; paperback costs 28 euros.  "An important edition of the
> 'Liber de coquina' in all its guises...long introduction discusses the
> state of Sicilian cookery in the reign of...Frederick II and the several
> manuscripts are seriousl collated so that the reader can compare and
> contrast."

I have it sitting here. She's also the author of Il Liber de ferculis di
Giambonino da Cremona. And there's another
Liber de Coquina out by Robert Maier in case someone wants all of
them.Thomas Gloning is recommending the latter
one.
> 7. "Libro de Arte Coqinaria", Maestro Martino: Octavo: cd-rom: 287 pp.;
> $40.  www.octavo.com".

I very much like and appreciate what they did with this cd and it's
worth buying it even if you already bought the
University of California Press edition of Martino that came out last year.

Johnnae