[Sca-cooks] LATE RESPONSE RE: Pennsic Corn

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Mon Sep 25 17:23:03 PDT 2006

>> This year, for whatever reason, there didn't seem to be as many corn
>> stands along the roads near Pennsic as I remember in some previous
>> years. We did stop at the only one we saw and picked up a doze ears,
>> soaked them in the husk in a bucket of water and then cooked them in
>> the husk on the grill. A bit riskier than boiling them, but they sure
>> were good. Rather easy to either over or undercook them and once
>> you've peeled away the husk to check them, I'm not sure you can just
>> put them back on the grill for more roasting.
>>
>> Stefan
(I snipped Phlip's reply since I figured you all have read it and know that
the method is a good one.)

Years ago, when we lived in Japan and attended the Oban festivals, the food
vendors would just this method of cooking corn, then pull the husks down and
twist them into a 'handle' and then brush soy sauce onto the corn and return
it to the grill for a few seconds (turning it by the 'handle') to dry the
soy. It was a wonderful flavour!

Hrothny