[Sca-cooks] Drinking horns for kids

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 11:39:25 PDT 2006

kingstaste at comcast.net writes:

>  I want to do a feast for them, and would love it if I could figure
out some way for each of them to have a drinking horn.

I am a few days behind in my e-mail and have not read any replys to this

post. So please forgive me if I am repeating anything.

Didn't disposible cups (as used near water-coolers) use to come as
cones? Are they still available that way? Instant drinking horns!

Renata

Yes, I'm sure I can find the paper cones if it comes to that.  I have
not seen them where I've been looking at party supplies and other
disposables, but I know they exist.

I had another idea from a local Gosling mistress of wrapping
construction paper around a standard plastic cup to create the cone, you
can even curl the part that goes out past the bottom of the cup somewhat
to make it more of a horn shape.  That works, and has the added benefit
of having a more durable cup inside.

Right now I'm still experimenting with my rawhide horns - I got some
large dog chewies and soaked them, made a paper pattern and cut the
pieces out, and am using a small horn that I own as a base to wrap/mold
the wet rawhide around, and then drying them.  I have not tried pouring
wax into the insides yet, but I like the way these look so far.

I haven't even started tackling the menu for this yet, but I think the
drinking horns will be a hit, whatever they end up being made out of!

Thanks for the wonderful ideas,
Christianna