[Sca-cooks] Unilateral Crown Peerage Decisions- wasRe: Begging a Boon:

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Sep 5 09:04:32 PDT 2006

> There is a reason that happens rarely ;-) While the Crown CAN elevate
> anyone, the Order is perfectly capable of non-cooperation. In a recent
> situation in the EK, this was done, and only a couple people showed
> for the person's vigil, although there were quite a few Peers
> available to do so if they wished, the person is NOT regarded as a
> Real Peer (tm) for all that they have the regalia and the letters
> behind their name, and the political repercussions are still
> rebounding through the Realm.

Yes. The members of the Order are still finding out how badly the fuss
and the gossip affected others who were elevated in that time period.

Since, from that description, you could be describing me, as well as a
few other peers made in that time period.

(Nothing like standing in the hall outside your vigil announcing to
peers of the Realm passing by... "You don't have to like me, you don't
have to talk to me, but for god's sake come in and eat some food so we
don't have to take it home!" Fortunately lots of non-peers DID show up
for my vigil.)

The East has had some trouble lately with Peers and their associates
telling new-made peers-- not just the person Phlip is talking about, or
me-- that they don't deserve to be peers, even if the order was in
agreement about it.  I don't know if it's something that's been going on
for years and I only know about it because of my elevation cohort
talking among themselves, or whether it's gotten worse currently.

And once people start non-specifically complaining about a particular
elevation without naming names, that smoky fire drops soot on every
recent peerage, soot that those who have a grudge enjoy using to blacken
the name of their grudgee.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net