[Sca-cooks] Yams, Pumpkins, Pecan Pie

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 6 12:22:00 PDT 2006

Thanks to all who have sent recipes for a pecan pie or other pecan
desserts. I'm trying to avoid corn syrup, too, although brown sugar,
molasses, maple sugar, or sorghum are ok with me...

They may say "sweets to the sweets"... but, me, i'm in it for the nuts.

Now, back when my 25 year old daughter was about 2, i cooked a
Thanksgiving dinner for a number of foreign students (for which my
mother punished me because i wasn't at her house). For that dinner i
made a dessert that sort of combined aspects of a Charlotte and a
Bavarian. I lined a spring form pan with ladyfingers (the cake sort,
not the Middle Eastern or South Asian sorts* :-) Then i put a layer
of broken pecans with some brown sugar and spices on the bottom. Then
i made a pumpkin mousse (without gelatin) and poured that in. It was
quite good. Apparently my brother and his family will rebel if i
served such a thing.

--

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

* Ladyfingers
In India, it refers to Yard-long beans
In the Middle East, it can refer to okra