[Sca-cooks] Lombardy Tarts was Speaking of beets...

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Sep 7 06:08:19 PDT 2006

Aislinn- when this discussion of beet roots and beets was going on, I
had a discussion with a Russian friend, a national, who has a strong
interest in SCA and similar periods in history. He said that there was
a specific word for "beets", and that in his experience, referring to
the greens of beets or any other green would simply use a generic word
for "greens", much like we English speakers do.

Stefan, do you want to go back into the SPCA files and pull that
discussion out? Or, if you prefer, I can do it next week- I'm going to
be pretty busy this weekend (starting later today) and could likely
use a reminder, if you want me to do it.