[Sca-cooks] Speaking of beets...

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 08:29:33 PDT 2006

What he said.

Mordonna

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of grizly
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:11 PM
To: dailleurs at liripipe.com; Cooks within the SCA
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Speaking of beets...

-----Original Message-----
best about this
group here is that we can say "huh?" and ask for more info nicely and no one
gets
their knickers in a twist about it, answering the questions without looking
for
some hidden agenda or nuthin.

yay us :) < < < < <

To me, it's the implied ignorance some have when asking the question . . .
one's OWN ignorance.  I try to make a point of letting people know I am
trying to cover up my ignorance with their additional knowledge.  German,
especially Rumpolt, texts are intriguing to me, but my knowledge flows more
to the "Italian" and "English" texts from my experiences with them.  (Hate
the French ones just becasue they're French <vbg>)

I am finding that the wise many here outweigh my limited knowledge and scope
of my little piece of the world . . . I am an educated man and scholar, but
the scores who read and post here, as a group, have me pretty profoundly
outclassed.  I hold my own one on one in some conversations/discussions, and
have been shown dead wrong enough to reintroduce me to Mother Humility :o)

pacem et bonum

fra niccolo difrancesco, admirer of Mother Humility and Sister Poverty