[Sca-cooks] OT (semi): unexpected foodie reference

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 8 11:36:11 PDT 2006

There's a cute mention of McGee in The Reach of A Chef
The author Michael Ruhlman has gone out to the French Laundry
and about hanging around the kitchen he encounters McGee.He's amazed
that McGee is going to totally rewrite On Food and Cooking and dump
about 90 per cent of the original edition. I have been a fan for a long
time.
I met McGee in person at the Oxford Conference back in 85. He gives
a very good talk.

Johnnae