[Sca-cooks] Pie Shapers

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 9 12:44:13 PDT 2006

Cealian wrote:
>Now you see the one in the second site has crowns on the side with a vent on
>top bottom of the picture. That one is the one which set me to thinking of
>wood cut mold.
 ( http://www.historicfood.com/Pie%20recipe.htm )

Actually, I believe Cealian is correct.  That crown was made using Ivan's gingerbread mold which Johnnae, I, and others used last April.  Ivan let me make a "Sculpy" copy of it which is sitting in my kitchen.  I would hazard a guess that Ivan used the mold to print the crowns, cut around the shape and affixed that dough to the side of the pie.  I would stake a cookbook of mine that the mold was used, although I'm not sure about the cutting-out method.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/