[Sca-cooks] Patron Saints of Cooks, Food and Beverage Workers

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Mon Sep 11 21:50:10 PDT 2006

grizly wrote:
> [...]
Don't I wish!

I tried to cultivate some Samichlaus yeast from one of the bottles, but
it wouldn't take hold.  Even sent a full bottle to a friend that has
been able to harvest lots of different bottle-conditioned yeasts.
Unfortunately, the Samichlaus strain eludes us.  Therefore, my usual
recipe involves heading to a well-stocked package store (that's Georgia
for "liquor store") with green stuff in hand.

If I can ever get a reliable source for the yeast, I might just try my
hand at working a recipe up!

--Cian