[Sca-cooks] Cook's Prayer, was RE: 9/11 SCA cooks

Ana Valdes agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 03:56:36 PDT 2006

Thank you! And by the way, science-fiction and phantasy books refer
seldom to food but in Eddings, Zelazny and other similar, the
characters and the societies seems to me frozen in a Middle Age diet,
wild boars, eelk, reindeer, mead, honey and beer.
Do someone know if it's some written these about that? Food in phantasy worlds?
Ana

On 9/13/06, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2006, at 3:16 AM, Ana Valdes wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I have been abroad and not followed the discussion very
> > throughly. Can someone enlighten me about what passage of Zelazny are
> > you refering to?
> > Zelazny is one of my favorite writers and I think Amber books are
> > among the best phantasy books I know.
> > Ana
>
> The "Agnostic's Prayer" that was posted in this thread is apparently
> taken from Zelazny's "Creatures of Light and Darkness" (1969).
>
> Adamantius

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci