[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [CAID] In need of Sweet Recipes!

Ana Valdes agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 01:25:28 PDT 2006

In Sweden the sweet dish eaten in Christmas from old times is a
porridge made with rice and milk, sweetened with sugar or honey and
with almonds on it. "You cook about a cup of rice in a cup of water,
then once the rice is done and the water is absorbed, begin adding
five cups of milk (I'd suggest whole milk), about a cup at a time,
until all the milk is absorbed. You can add cinnamon and sugar if you
like, but the traditional recipe includes no sweetener and definitely
not an egg.

Serve after stirring in one blanched almond and (if you want) one
golden raisin. The person who gets the almond, the tradition goes,
gets a gift."

The traditional recipe add not sugar but many friends and myself do.
Ana

On 9/14/06, Karin Burgess <avrealtor at prodigy.net> wrote:
> Forwarded with permission
>
>   -Muiriath
>
> Diane Taylor <dianet_write at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Diane Taylor <dianet_write at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [CAID] In need of Sweet Recipes!
> To: caid at sca-caid.org
>
>   Why do I need them?
>
>   Well, I am currently in the process of writing up a small story called Christmas Kitty.  The story is a funny paranormal romance.  But I want to spruce it up a bit, make it different by adding Period Yuletide Sweet recipes in it...
>
>   I have the Florigeium website, I have all the web suggestions I need... but that's not truly what I'm asking.. .and offering.
>
>   I want you guys, as individuals... Or a group of you.. I don't really care, to send me your sweet recipes...
>
>   Yes, Marie, I still have the Dragon Scale recipe...
>
>   The Reward?
>
>   Bragging Rights!   National recognition!  Your name in a book!  And a personal thank you from Me in the Dedication section!
>
>   Thank you for your time.
>
>   YIS,
>   Qara Unegen - Defender of little stinkers everywhere.
>
>   Mundanely known as:
>

> Keep In touch,
> Diane Taylor
> http://dianet8.tripod.com
>
> Majestic Lion - Available at Triskeilion Publishing
> Ares in Chains - Available at Triskelion Publishing
> http://www.triskelionpublishing.com
>
> Mystique Rogue - Now available at Silk's Vault
>
> Writers Don't Get Mad.... They Write Books!
> think about it.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci