[Sca-cooks] Bourbelier of Wild Pig

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 15 17:17:10 PDT 2006

Funny this should come up - Mistress Hawise (she's not on the list, but EK
folks might know her) and I were discussing this very sane term recently,
and her conclusion was that the Bourbelier were the boar's ribs (I do
believe the French recipe is for 'Sanglier').

Which would suddenly explain why it's boiled, then roasted, and served with
this sauce.

Petru