[Sca-cooks] Drinking horns for kids

Ana Valdes agora158 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:35:34 PDT 2006

In Sweden, where the Vikings hold wild feasts with mead and salt fish,
kids do their horns today with cow or bullhorns, when playing "live".
It should be possible to buy them in a slaughterhouse, I assume they
are sold as "left overs".
Ana

And the kids can polish them with toothpaste, easy to do and very fun.

On 9/22/06, King's Taste Productions <kingstaste at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm in the middle of my Vikings class, and I have a food class coming up
> on the 10th of October.  I want to do a feast for them, and would love
> it if I could figure out some way for each of them to have a drinking
> horn.  It would be fantastic if it were something they could make for
> themselves, but not necessary.  I think something made from curled-up
> paper would not be sturdy enough, but something crafty is the direction
> I'm thinking in.
>
> Anyone have any wonderful ideas?
>
> Christianna

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci