[Sca-cooks] Dogs in SCA households

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Sep 24 06:37:24 PDT 2006

On 9/24/06, Mike C. Baker <kihebard at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmmm... Souage is a Husky, bred for pulling, and 45 lbs, so
> > she could pull about 135 lbs. Wonder what I could train her to pull...
>
> At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, sled / sledge / travois
> come immediately to mind...

What sort of apparatus she pulls is not the problem. What I'm thinking
about is what sort of contents. A possibility would be my jump kit,
and maybe a few gallons of water when I'm Chirurgeoning, however I
usually set up a Point at my forge for outdoor events, and dogs aren't
usually welcome at indoor events. Waterbearing is a Good Thing, but
not a good idea for bad backs, so my contribution is to usually set up
a Water Point near wherever I'm smithing. I now have 2 5 gallon
beverage containers for that purpose, but I guarantee you, neither of
us is hauling them around.

Kewl ideas are all very well, but they need a useful purpose, like the
young man with hauling the garbage.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....