[Sca-cooks] Progresses of Elizabeth NEW EDITION

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Mon Sep 25 19:41:34 PDT 2006

Last time I talked to Dr. Clarke she said that they were a "bit behind"
since this was supposed to be published already :-).  Unfortunately there
will not be a CD/DVD edition so it won't be searchable (I know - a bit of
cheese with that Whine).  I'm just worried about the suggested price.  If it
has one half the scholarship in it that I think it will, 50 pounds will be a
steal!  The originals were done in 3 thick volumes between 1789 and 1828 and
comprise over 3000 pages with three huge fold out pictures.

Luckily Perdue University has a copy of the originals that they will lend
via ILL so I have a Xerox (now do you know how I know there are 3000
pages?).  I also have a three volume copy that was put out in the States in
about 1965.  The footnoted and glossed texts will be much more useful.

I'm just thinking of the price differential that happened between the time
when Soup for the Qan was being finished and when Keegan Paul actually
brought it out.  It almost tripled in price between the $80 the Authors
expected it to sell for, to the $225 it actually came out at!  Think I'll
pre-order with Amazon.uk!

Regina Romsey